www.flickr.com
Sparkle Lover's items Go to Sparkle Lover's photostream

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Julieanne is Out of This World!


Today was a purple polish party for my nails.  If only I could take a picture that even came close to capturing the sparkle! It's not just the camera it's the lighting.  Indirect light on a bright sunny day works best I think.  However I live in the Pacific Northwest and it seems we only have that for about 25% of the year! I will post something tomorrow. 

Until then I wanted post about discovering that Julieanne by Zoya and Out of This World by Orly are a DUPE.  Somehow I missed this when I recently searched this subject for my DUPE page.  I'm certainly not the first to discover this. As I gathered all my purple polishes up I thought they looked the same in the bottle.  Same on the nail too.  Gorgeous colour!  Wish I could capture it with my camera. This picture in the bottles is a pretty good representation.  Just can't capture the purple sparkle when it's on my nails.

This is, excuse the mess, one coat.  The left is Zoya Julieanne and right nail is Orly Out of This World. You can see right away they are the same blackened purple / indigo base with purple sparkles.  The sparkles aren't obvious until the second coat.  After seeing how sheer the first coat was I thought for sure it would need 3 coats but I am a "heavy coater" and 2 coats was just fine.  Sorry, no pic of the 2 side by side with a second coat.  Once I realized they were the same I covered one of them with Gone Wishin' by Nicole as I wanted every nail to be different.  Perhaps you will see the final results tomorrow if I can get a picture!  Nail polish photography advice welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment