www.flickr.com
Sparkle Lover's items Go to Sparkle Lover's photostream

Monday, April 11, 2011

Citrus Sparkle!


Citrus is the theme of this week's mani!  Yummy! : )  I have been impatiently waiting to do this mani for awhile.  I tried doing it with 3 gorgeous glass fleck filled citrus colour polishes from OPI but they are just too sheer!  Goldilocks Rocks (orange), That's All Bright With Me (yellow), and Call Me On My Cell-ery (green). Then I tried layering those on similar colors that were more opaque and had some shimmer in them.  I still didn't get the look I wanted.  To get what I wanted took some serious layers with 8 different colours!  LOL  I love it so it was worth the trouble. Lighthouse by China Glaze is this reason I finally got what I wanted!  You will see what Lighthouse looks like on it's own when I do, and post, my easter mani next week. 

Index Finger:
1 coat Va Va Voom,  a shimmery dark peach by Rimmel.
1 coats Goldilocks Rocks by OPI
Not sparkly enough sooooo
1 coat Lighthouse by China Glaze

Middle Finger
1 coat Ivy League by Sally Hansen
2 coats Call Me On My Cell-ery
Not sparkly enough sooooo
1 coat Simply Smashing by OPI

Ring Finger
1 coat Lite by Sally Hansen
2 coats That's All Bright With Me by OPI
Not sparkly enough soooo
1 coat Lighthouse by China Glaze


Pinky Finger
2 coats Orange Marmalade by China Glaze
1 coat of Lighthouse
to add a touch more sparkle
and lighten up the orange.





This reminds me of Lifesavers!  If only I had a glass fleck loaded red!  Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment